Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to keeping and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's survey them. In that way, you can choose what you want, based on whether you wish to set up a weblog, email addresses, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some file storage providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently include adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between separate groups of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various webspace hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some companies offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a large number of pictures with friends or associates since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail addresses. Some distributors provide site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many videos as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and emails, upload video clips, and so on. At SAbERsites, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for particular web content only.